Thursday 30 August 2007

Some good some sad.

Been a busy boy as usual recently. Yesterday I finally got my hearing aids, one for each ear. It is going to take a couple of months to get used to them and I start off at an hour a day. I remember when I used to call guys KOS - now I am one officially!!

Val and I made it to our 37th yesterday, and they said it wouldn't last! I think I must be so very easy to live with, an individual full of patience and goodwill. I'm on very safe ground here as Val has no idea how to turn the PC on and Ches and Al would be bored before they got to this bit!!

I am handing this post over to Leon as, as he says, some good and some sad news. Go for it Leon "Hi Paul and Val and family. Hope you all are well and that your Sunday lunch was good. Football played a part in my weekend as well because I managed to get tickets to the arsenal on Saturday for me my wife and my father in law who is visiting us from Sweden...... Fantastic day as we won of course but also the first time for us in the new Emirates Stadium. Wow 62100 people there and was brill. Now for some good but also sad news. Remember when I was on about Barry Wilkinson etc well low and behold he appeared on Friends Re-united web site (forces section), so I contacted him. I now have his own mail address so we can do exchanges without the Friends re united bit. Anyway he has just celebrated 34 years of marriage to Eileen has kids and grand kids. Took redundancy? and is now out of the mob and living in Gloucester. He remembers you from Upwood and Innsworth and has asked me to say hi and pass on his regards. The sad bit is that he told me Colin McQuiston died 3 years ago. He was an alcoholic, like his brother and father, and he had a fall hitting his head and died from the injuries. He was divorced from Wendy and had children but was working as a civvie at Innsworth after he came out of the mob. Very sad. On a lighter note I cannot believe that Mr Rotavator has gone all Alan Titchmarsh re his vegetable prowess, although maybe he practised his " Up Up and Hold " on his rhubarb and carrots... Personally I think he nips to Stowmarket Tescos buys the veg takes the labels off and declares them his own....... What do you think? Also I must check this Wishbone Ash thing as there appears to be a glut of Turners playing in the band. I did meet one guitarist who is/was playing with them. His name is Laurie Wisefield and I met him in the early eighties as went out with a sister of a girl I used to work with in the studios in London. Nice guy. He went on to support Tina Turner on tour but have heard nothing since. Must end now as Father in Law wants his din dins so best wishes and will scribe soon...... Leon "

I think Leon is on shaking ground throwing doubt on Upwoods very own Alan Titchmarsh, dodgy ground there mate. Podga is very proud of his ability to grow big things!! You'll probably have a carrot sent to you through the post, with mud attached, just so you can cook, taste and then swallow your words!

Sad about Billy Mac. I had no idea about the drinking thing. Nice to see that you have got in touch with Barry. Let's hope we see a comment from the man himself soon!

I must go as Val has just given me a mug celebrating the Coronation of George VI and Queen Elizabeth in May 1937. I am supposed to find if it is worth anything! She thinks the Internet is the answer to all! Will let you know if I have any success. Look after yourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suffolk Sojourn 17 of 134. Greetings Paulie - and first of all - Many Congratulations to you both on your 37th. That means the quarter you had at Upwood was your first home - very cosy and full of good vibes it was too. Ref Leon's missive - shocked to hear about Billy - very poignant as Leon had just sent a photo of a 5-a-side team photo with both Billy and Bob D. featured. On a brighter note, now that Leon has done much spadework and found Bob and Wobblegob - maybe they'll contribute to your blog. Would be nice.
Thank you for the support versus Leon ref my veg growing - this thing is getting bigger than both of us! Enough.
Hearing Aids!?!**! You're joking me Paul - Blimey - I thought you were Clk Sec - not Eng Mech!
Anyway - Keep your eye on the Tractor Boys, they were unlucky at your end the other week - and where are they in the Championship? (Pilgrims? Dream on).
Finally - Ongoing Wishbone stuff -Laurie W. took over from Ted Turner in 74 - saw them at Oxford whilst at Abingdon. Info for Leon -Sorry - boring... what with the veg stuff too... help! Looking forward to HR's reply on the Gibson Flying Balalaika, Wobblegob and Bobbys contributions ... till then - Blue Skies.

Anonymous said...

What make are your hearing aids?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]Phen375[/url] are tablets that resist reduce confederation weight. The same of these tabs has to be infatuated with ring false, almost 20 minutes already a repast, twice a day.