Monday 12 November 2007

Val has finished her bit

Val has just about finished her bit, she is a little chuffed.

Ches, Al and Val survey the work

That's it folks

Just had to do a quick entry to let you all know that Val has finished her bit in the hall. Well, just a little bit to do but let's not worry about that.
She has told me I have to do the high bits as she is such a short arse and can't reach. Excuses excuses. She just wants to see me engaged in a little manual labour. I keep telling her that I am really not built that way nor am I emotionally prepared to undertake anything over 3 feet. She doesn't believe me.
Ah well, I shall be able to report the completion of our part of the enterprise next year sometime!!!!
Once we have prepared the whole area then we shall get the builders in to skim plaster and put up a couple of false ceilings. It has been a long time since my house didn't resemble a building site and I have become quite accustomed to the layer of dust covering everything!!!
I have no idea how much this little lot is going to set me back, still waiting for the estimate!!
Hope you all noted the brilliant display by the mighty Greens over the weekend. 3-0. Pity one of our top forwards got a little carried away and got himself arrested in Union Street in the early hours of Sunday morning!! Professional athlete or what?
If you don't know Union Street. Think Boogie Street, Singapore or the Gut in Malta. The Gut is now long gone, at least it was when I visited around 75/76 time. The days when we had a navy rather than the offshore defence force we now have!
Can't talk really as the RAF has shrunk somewhat over the past few years I think most of the Stations I served at over the years have gone! Upwood, 12 Fld Wksp REME Osnabruck, St Mawgan, Abingdon, Portsmouth CIO, DDLS Rheindahlen, Chivenor, RAF PMC Innsworth, Mountbatten, Chivenor (again). Even the training units at Swinderby and Hereford are no longer! Oh yes and don't forget the firemans strike in the East End of London for a few months in '77/'78, we were in the TA building in Plaistow, probably find that's gone as well!
Tell you what, looking back I had a bloody hard time of it in my career didn't I!!!

No comments: