Saturday 24 November 2007

Christmas is here

Rainbow Koromiko

Purdah Dark

Minka Koromiko

Marlborough Sounds

Koromiko clouds

Daz and Minka Koromiko walk


Clare Sailing (Those shoes look really suitable for the crewing job Clare!!)

Andes Brendan and Clare with friends

Into City Centre today to do a bit of the old Christmas Shopping. I have heard the news about the economic downturn and the worries that are keeping the buying public out of the shops.

I thought that it would be nice to have a wonder around, just Val, I and a few other hardy souls who weren't taking a gamble on the shops having a sale before Christmas. No problem getting a parking slot as there is no one shopping this year.

WRONG!!!! Took me bloody ages to get a parking slot. The queue's at the tills were snacking back some flaming distance. Where were the deserted streets I had heard all about. Not in Plymouth City Centre I can tell you!!!!

Uncle Christopher has been at the comment button again. Here we go, here we go, here we go...
"Suffolk Sojourn 28 of 137. It's only me - From over the sea - Barnacle Bill the Sailor!

So - more contributions to the Blog - Hurrah. Nice one Clare, and nice to see the newly arrived Foal - have a name yet I wonder? Looks perfect out there - as East Anglia cuts itself from the rest of UK, thriving Blue Tongue, and now Bird Flu. More exclusion zones than Iraq. Fish Fingers for Christmas I'll be bound.

As for PB of the SBIC (Rtd. Hurt) - I thought HR banged on a bit, but this takes the biscuit. I've got 1,000 shares in Northern Rock - is he interested? Is Binney Towers due for demolition? Don't forget your PA Pete - she's on the top floor watching your Earl Grey brew.

The final photo of the Iranian Hostage trilogy been sent to you Paulie. Editors' decision of course re transmission - but be warned readers: the Girlie is finally revealed, and the print can be labelled as topless. Don't log on till after the Watershed.

Tractor Boys and Pilgrims back in action this w/e - how will things look by Tue 29 Jan when we host you at Portman Road. I'll be there and will send the programme.

If you're out tonight - on your bike - don't forget - Wear White.Blue Skies !!??!!!**? "

You will be aware that the third picture of our intrepid band has already been posted. I know the Mighty (headless) Green Army won a wonderful away three points today. Even though the chap that lectured us all about integrity and honesty, and the lack of it in some quarters in the football arena, decided to cash in his forty pieces of silver. Ian Holloway, man of the people and lover of Plymouth Argyle has shown his true colours. Coat of many colours or just turncoat. Take your choice. He is not a popular person down this neck of the woods at the moment.

Baby Sissy Clare has sent me an e-mail with some photo's. Thought I would share them with you. An extract from the e-mail below to explain a little bit of the background.
"Maybe we are carving out the best life here - working in Sydney and the city life and time off for writing, reflecting, reading and pups (oh joy) in NZ. It is terribly slow here which may sound great - being off the hill at least gives us privacy and we can always close the gate! Ha! The lovely things are the horses, sheep, goats, birds, wildlife - and I attach a photo of a new foal which I was the first lucky person to find the other day. Also some photos of the pups on my daily walk up the hill with them and then sailing with two friends Andy and Andrea. Brendan has been working here with him and has set up the first recycling system in Picton (3000 people) "
Hope you don't mind sharing the piccies with the rest of the world Clare.
It is time for me to go my friends. Lin is downstairs chatting with Val. They have been friends for many years now, since about five or so I believe. So many many many years now! Ches has just dived off to pick up Al from some dance thing in town. Didn't quite understand what it was all about but assume I will be told tomorrow.
Talking about Al. That wonderful chap Ernie sent her a cheque for £100 on Wednesday. Most I have ever got from him is £50! Ah well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suffolk Sojourn 29/137.

Greetings - and I'll open with the fact that the Pilgrims travelled to West Brom last night and returned empty handed. More excuses about Managers upping stix and leaving at short notice. A quick check on the league table tells me the Tractor Boys are still up above them. Early Days - as we move into Xmas!

Leon (AKA Golly/Mick Russell) rang recently, and gave me the Spanish Inquisition as to what the hell was PB on about! I explained patiently, as he also then asked what the HR's aircraft photo was. I had to tactfully suggest he read the Blog regularly - otherwise it would never quite gel!

He promised to comment as he was on a rare day off, but nothing seen to date.

Anyway - excellent photo's from Clare - she's a looker your 'lil sister - but the sailing footwear! Nice to see Purdah Dark is up and running as such - what a wonderful environment to spend your formative years. Kokimoko looks like paradise - been out there yet Paulie? (A bit better than my sister Claire's outlook in Kentish Town!)

Chutney is bottled - want some? You didn't say.

Blue Skies.