Tuesday 30 October 2007

Is it only Tuesday

Faith , Al and Jaz on a pre Halloween run.
Val and Ches hiding in the kitchen.

Back to work yesterday after four lovely days off. Got back to the inevitable pile of crap. What is the point of going on leave if most of the crap is there when you get back. My colleagues should have been in till 8 at night doing "my" work - that's what I say!!!!

After the unfortunate results on Saturday I suppose the crowing just had to come from brownfingers. A whole season still to go old boy!!!
Update on Val's health. She is a bit tender today as they are trying to get her off the steroids before putting her on a different course of pills. Trouble is she is in a bit of pain and loses the use of all her joints! No, not the one's you puff on just the ones that puff up! She is downstairs watching "her boys" - Justin and the other guy on the DIY show, bombed out as she gave up and popped the pills. I think she is going to have a chat with her doc to see if anything can be done. Isn't life fun, never even thought about these problems in the "good old days". On that note Blue Skies is calling over to you Podga.

"Suffolk Sojourn 25 of 137.Now then! First of all - Pilgrims lose, Tractor Boys win. At your prompt I look at the League table as you suggested a week or two ago - and we've still got a game in hand! Early days?! Anyway - just got back from Woodstock (Oxon!), a duty welfare call to my folks for the w/e. Good food, fine wine and many family jackanories that force Bil to bed early!

Intrigued by HR's history/CV - he's got a PPL/flies too!! I had him tagged as some kind of Citizen Smith, considering the armoury details. Should be an interesting get-together when we do sort it! Wonder if my 'ol man taught him - he's still flying/teaching and displaying - at 80+. Was HR at Gutersloh, or Paderborn, with you?Anyway - Hope Val's not pushing the pain barrier too much in order to sort the Hall/Landing/Stairs etc. Everything in moderation.As for all your TV/DVD/Satellite/Phone and other technical troubleshooting stuff Paulie - Phew! We're still using the (B&W)TV I had in my room in Upwood in '72. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!! (Hands up who believes that).Love to all and Blue Skies. CTx "

HR and I met on my first posting after jolly old Upwood. We were in the instrument section at 12 Field Workshop Osnatraz (Osnabruck). What was a shiney doing in the instrument section I hear you ask. Never quite worked out that one myself, seems I had a talent for engraving. Ether that or I was just in the way elsewhere and they found a convenient hole to put me in. Anyway I was happy there as they let me take a record player into work and I used to play LP's whilst doing the engraving. Was amusing when we had parades as I had carried my LP's in a bag with me. I was never any good on the parade ground and the CSM (who was actually a bloody nice bloke) never got used to "Blue Jobs" messing up his little get togethers.

On the Hall front. Yes she (Val) is doing too much but she actually enjoys doing it, just regrets it after. Still the bits that are left are a bit too dangerous for her to do so I will probably have an earbending each weekend until the job is done. During football season as well!!
Hey, Uncle Christopher. Tell B I got the e-mail from her and I will look after the Southern half of the country for her to the best of my ability!

You lot look after yourselves, it's dangerous out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bro

have tried to email but having trouble unable to send to you for some reason, will try again soon

if you feel like it our home phone is 61352531861 anyway good to see thing are not to bad

anthony and donna