Monday 5 February 2007

I'm a nurse!

Over this weekend Alice came down with a touch of heavy cold. She was over with Silvia baking scones, and no I didn't get one, when she came over all shivery. We actually met George in Morrisons and he told us that Al was at their place sitting on the fire wrapped in a blanket.

You may have read in the paper about the little girl who died in Plymouth this week with the "flesh eating disease". Ches rang me Saturday having put two and two together and getting two thousand six hundred and twenty three! A quick call to NHS Direct (one thing this Government has got right!) settled things down and got a bit of reality into the show.

Ches and Al around for dinner on Sunday. Al obviously with a very heavy cold. We were all surprised that Val accepted it for what it was and didn't do her normal "Alice is very ill it's time to panic" thing. They stayed Sunday night as it was unlikely that Al was school bound today. Much to my amazement we got a fairly decent nights kip.

Today I headed off to work as normal. Within half an hour got the call. Vals hands were playing up when I left home, but we thought we could get away with it. She got up soon after I left and found that her feet were not working either. I headed home.

Val full of pills. Breakfast for all. Al dosed up with whatever, including a very heavy coughing fit when I was rubbing in the Vic - tickled you see. Vals cuppa in our special don't spill (well not a lot if it's picked up right away) cup. Me down to docs to pick up prescription. Down to Chemist to get stuff for Al as advised by the Chemist. Back home. Move Al upstairs with all her stuff then back down for Disney Channel. Another cup of tea. Lucozade for Al. I'm bloody knackered, they have a radio each for communication and are giving me the run around. And Holly reminding me it was her lunchtime. Oh to get back to work!!!!

No comments: