Sunday 8 April 2007

Easter


Today has been a lovely day. Val and I down to St. Austell market, something we haven't done for a while now. Once Val's Arthur started to kick in it became difficult for her to walk around. However, we are now better at managing the whole thing and she has some extra strong painkillers. Combine the two and we had a nice couple of hours down there.


Yesterday Lin came around with Liz, her daughter in law, Liz's baby Daisy and Lin's other granddaughter Alisha. Ches and Al around for a coo and cuddle. Chuck in Holly, as a female she wanted in on what was going on, and you have a room full of females. A room full of females with a baby in there for good measure - I disappeared up to my study. Managed to get some discs done for the car and a cover done for a couple of DVD's. My idea of fun upstairs and the girls having fun downstairs. What more can you want on a Bank Holiday?


Al is going to be distraught tomorrow as on our way to St Austell we drove through Dobwalls. Dobwalls activity park is where we spend a week each summer. Al and her mate "Floyd Boy" are driven down daily and they then spend a day trying to get things out of me. I give in on occasions but mainly they go off and entertain themselves. When the weather is fine it is the ideal school holiday spot.


Why should Al be distraught? Well, on the way up the hill I looked to the right and saw a huge construction site. This site seemed to be very close to the activity park. On returning home I checked the park web site. It is not opening this year due to construction. I have e-mailed them to get an idea what is happening and hopefully all will OK for 2008. In the meantime I have to find somewhere to take the Al each day for a week come the summer holidays. Suggestions please.


On a different note, sometime ago I went into "Jessops" to get batteries for my camera. I was told the batteries I required were no longer produced. However, Jessops had some that would work and they also sold a recharger to go with them. So, being a trusting soul I bought them. I have had nothing but trouble but I persisted. Today I was walking Holly up the park and thought that I should get some new batteries, so got home and went to trusty Google.


Kodak came up so I thought, check it out even though I have been assured I would be wasting my time. You are ahead of me aren't you. Yep, there were the batteries I was told were discontinued. Damn, never again will I darken Jessops doorstep!! I now await my package from Kodak.
Today's picture from the vaults is one Silvia has uncovered of Val's Mum and Dad's wedding day.

No comments: