Thursday 26 April 2007

Comments

I was going to put in a decent (lengthwise) post today but, again, have run out of time.

Val and I are about to head off to meet up with Gray and Sandra to go gigging. Can't keep old giggers down.

Australian Pink Floyd are at the Pavilions tonight. Seen them a couple of times, a first for Val and I would guess Sandra also. They put on a good show. Just hope it's better than the Jethro Tull concert I finally got Val to go to some years ago - really not good at all!!

Well technophobes. If you pan down you will see that there is finally a comment on the old blog. Believe me if Podga can post a comment ........!!!!!!!

Will update re concert later. Must go as it starts in an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo! Finally got there - plus a photo on the 28 Mar blog! Fame at last. Hope the Aussie Floyd boys did good - Miss Belinda (Bil) and I caught them at the Shepherds Bush Empire in '97 - good then, so 10 years later? Prompts me to bid a belated thank you to Viv & Graham for hosting us in Rochester when we all caught the real thing at Wembley ('89?) Anyway - ref the wine and teeth issue - Paul and Val host another infamous party at RAF Upwood (Peterborough) where we were at the time - occasion? - some excuse - any!! Ian Milligan (Spike) and I decide such hospitality deserves equal response - we bought a case of Leibfraumilch (0.99p a bottle - no Chardonnay in those days - 1972!) - £11.88 - and I only earned 91.00 a month according to my records! Anyway - just prior to the party I am refereeing an Officers' Kids indoor 5 a side match (Soccer) One little brat decides to attempt a Denis Law overhead kick as I am blowing whistle (as the the ball was over head height). Ball strikes whistle in mouth - two front teeth plus whistle ricochet down throat. Whistle retrieved (via Lanyard around neck) but 2 good teeth shattered and lost to digestion - blood everywhere and intakes of breath into exposed nerve endings somewhat painful. One hour,2 Paracetamols (and emergency dental appt for the next day)later Spike and I dutifully attend the eagerly anticipated party. I took a box of straws (scrounged from NAFFI bar) - Spike carried the case of wine and I then drowned my sorrows and bruised vanity through straw and pursed lips. Within an hour I was talking scribble (nothing new) and comatose on the floor in Emmie's room - we both slept through it! PS - Missed Val's scoff but made the Dentist.

Missive 2 of 137 from Suffolk.

Blue Skies to you all.

CT xx