Tuesday 17 November 2009

LS&GCM. At Chivenor 5 March 1986
CinC Commendation 2 August 1983.
Val's sister Silv came over yesterday and brought the two photos above around. She has been having a clear out and came across them.
Who is the handsome young airman I hear you ask. Well he is now the KOS writing this blog. Hard to believe eh!!
Anyway. Couple of updates. You will be pleased to know that Disney appears to have made a full recovery. He went for his two walks today, a nice level quiet one with Val then his up the park with his mates one with me. His mate Ruby was up there. She is a Scottie so about his size.
They had a bit of a run and play, I kept my eye on his back leg just in case. All appears fine and no limping on the way home. Just got to complete insurance claim form now to get a bit of the cash back!!!
Talking about insurance. I cleared out the spare (Alice's) room yesterday as the workmen are coming to fix the ceiling tomorrow. They have to have it totally empty. So I spent all of yesterday clearing it out. And I had to use a days flexi leave to do it!
It is amazing how much fits in one room, you only find how much when you have to take it out and deposit it around the house!! Had to take the sofa bed to bits (real fun that!) and disconnect all the electrical kit. Really looking forward to putting it all back together.
Val told me yesterday it was the perfect opportunity to redecorate the room. Of course if the room is redecorated it just HAS to have new curtains.
This washer leak is costing me a flaming fortune!!
You all look after yourselves, no matter where in the world you may be.


No comments: