Saturday 10 May 2008

Where have I been?

Hell's teeth. Yet another period of disruption at 122. Is there no end???

Before you get worried all is well health wise. It is just that my technical bits and pieces are picking on me. You are aware that my ipod died on me. You know, the one with over 2,500 songs on it!!!

What IS he worrying about I hear you say. All the tracks will be in his iTunes folder. Yep they were. That is until I took my PC back to PC World as I had had enough of it deciding when it would work rather than me. I am the human in charge after all! That's how it work isn't it?

Took the naughty PC back last Sunday and as a punishment the Tech Guy wiped the hard drive and re installed. He did ask me before doing it, but that doesn't change the result does it!!

Why didn't the silly chap do a back up I hear you saying. Guess what, I did. I felt quite pleased with my cleverness until, just chatting to the Tech Guy (actually he was called Paul but Tech Guy sounds pretty cool and I am so easily impressed - he probably is still called Paul actually).

Any way there we were chatting and I mentioned that I had backed up and just needed to press the right button when I got home with my now repaired PC. He looked at me with that look that people in the know reserve for those pitifully ignorants standing in front of them. "Is yours a mirrored back up?" Now strangely enough I actually knew what he meant but that still didn't stop the shiver going down my spine. Oh dear.

I had a think about it and when I got home ran the backup making sure I didn't replace a file already on the PC. This meant that my iTunes folder didn't back up as I wanted. I have just re installed my "Yes" collection. The Floyd,Beatles, ELP, Styx and Deep Purple along with the MP3 files which I make into albums are all back where they belong. Only about 800 odd CD's to go!!!!

And as a matter of interest my mouse will not work the cursor in this blog publishing tool, bet it's because it is wireless - microsoft need to pay attention to the consumer a bit more, did you know the microsoft screensaver will not work with a microsoft wireless mouse!!!

And my bloody Kodak software doesn't play so I have to look at that. My ethernet network will not allow Al's computer to play either. No idea what other fun I have in the coming weeks.

My iPod is being sent to me this week so I will probably be in tears by the end of the week.

By the way, hope all is well with you lot. Although I suspect all is not well in some places. But you will hopefully let me know if all is Ok or not at some point comfortable to you.

I am now going to watch Doctor Who providing the V+ worked, it normally does - but who knows.

No comments: