Tuesday 20 May 2008

Buddha Day





























Hello one and all and Happy Buddha Day to you all.

As usual life has been busy here at 122, but in a nice way I hasten to add. As an example I am sitting here with Mike Oldfield's Voyager playing on my iTunes whilst downloading Hergest Ridge into iTunes. Later I will connect my iPod and update the music library.

From all that you may gather that my dead iPod has been replaced and I am now back, and ahead of the point I had previously reached I may add, to filling it's rather large memory with some rather nice sounds.

Each morning I can be found wondering along to work with the iPod stuck in my ears. Lunchtime out comes a book, a bag of fruit and on goes the music. I have realised this is the way to stop people approaching with those fatal words "I can see you are at lunch ....". A little my fault for staying at my desk but why should I waste precious reading, eating and listening time moving elsewhere?

Val was at the head medics yesterday and the head chappie agreed that all seems to be going well. He said she will be on the pills for at least six months but probably longer. Val told him it was OK with her until the end of time if required, better a couple of pills a day than go through that nightmare again. We have our fingers, and everything else possible, crossed that we will not be visiting the dark place again.

So, summer is a coming. My PC is behaving itself up to a point. It would have been nice if Microsoft had road tested Vista properly before using the buying public as a test ground. All sorts of strange things like the screensaver will not work with a microsoft wireless mouse, made by the same company you think they might have spotted that and at least sorted it out. They still haven't actually should anyone from Microsoft get around to read this!

Another strange thing is that my cursor won't work in this main bit of the blog if I use the mouse. Strange but true! I have to adjust the text size then tab down to get to write this wonderful prose.

I have just had an example of womanly wiles. You may not realise it but I have been away for 15 minutes or so. Val shouted up just now asking if I would like a cuppa, celebrating that things are fine health wise and she can lift a kettle at the moment I, of course said yes please. Subsequently she shouted telling me my most welcome cuppa was awaiting in the kitchen. I dived down and whilst walking past the backdoor where previously mentioned female was sitting having a puff I heard the question "Do you have any fags in your secret store?". You see, when she is not well muggings here is dispatched to get the horrible bloody cancer sticks. My motto in life is be prepared especially if you are going to be asked to go out in the cold and wet to purchase something you hate with a vengeance.

Val went to yoga today with sissy Silvia. Therefore she is knackered. This is understandable given the health situation. So that simple question translated into man speak is "I am out of fags, I know you hate them and I know I used your secret supply two days ago. But I have been to yoga and you know how good that is for me from a health point of view. I am not a gibbering wreck at home but can't make it down the shop now so you had better go down and get me some fags because you know if you don't I will turn into a raving nicotine desiring monster before the night is out". The really good thing is that the young lady down the shop asked me for ID. So I feel really cool now.

Well it is now 8.30 and Val has just come up saying she is heading to bed. Waking the dead is on in half an hour so she must be knackered. She will V+ waking but it does mean I have about an hours worth of telly I can watch!!!!

I will say goodnight now and hope to be back with some tales from 122 sooner next time. Certainly not tomorrow when I will be taking over the front room for that first time all English teams European Championship final. I think I will go for Man Utd.

I will try to put some piccies of Al's "do" over silv's at the top of this post. If there are none there I didn't do to well!!! Success, I have just had a sneak look!

No comments: