Friday 8 February 2008

Val, further update

Firstly, thanks to all of you who have kindly sent messages of encouragement for Val. I have passed them on.

We had a truly awful time from Thursday of last week through to Monday. Val got over the Arthur flare up after getting a jab on Tuesday of last week. By Wednesday she was vastly improved and almost back to normal.

On Thursday she was hit big time. After a lot of well meaning folk and four nights of hell she was admitted to hospital on Monday this week. She had gone in a downward spiral very quickly. Nothing seemed to help although she was popping pills, prescription one's!, in all directions.

I suspect the previous two weeks of pain had taken the fight out of her big time.

Like all these things, I doubt if there is one overall reason. But that is what they intend to find out where she is now. Just the fact that it was recognised that she was ill and hospitalised boosted her. Obviously I have now gone back to work, thank God for understanding bosses, and need to cover for Alice whilst Ches is at work. So by the time I have visited Val and got back home to see to our poor old dog, not too much time for the blog!

It is now 11.25 Friday evening and I am about to head off to bed, up tomorrow to get in to see Val early shift!

Over the past few days she has improved greatly. This evening we sat and chatted for just over an hour. This time last week talking was very limited or none existent.

She is still fragile but the improvement is incredible. They are changing her pills around and she was warned to expect none good a time. But, so far, she is dealing very well.

Will update the blog when I get a bit of time. Meanwhile you all look after yourselves and don't forget to switch on to Sky Sports tomorrow at 17.15 hrs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suffolk Sojourn 35/137.

So glad Val is on the mend, comfortable, painfree and no doubt back on form in order to nag you about Holly's exercise, the washing up and general housekeeping - as she languishes in anticipation of the next round of Hospital Food. Our best wishes to her.

So - As I suffer the humilation of Utd losing to City this afternoon, I have to congratulate the Pilgrims on their wreaking havoc on ex-manager at Leicester yesterday and returning with 3 well earned points. Tractor Boys lost their first match at home this season to Watford - but still remain 2 points above your 'mighty greens'.

Is that a coincidence that Sunset Zoe's mum has a Season Ticket at Home Park or what!!!!

Hey - It's Ches' Birthday on Tuesday - don't forget! Am looking forward to the photos. I arrived at Upwood on my first posting as a young thrusting (!!) PTI on the day she was born. We met some weeks later - you on the 5 a side pitch I suspect - and I probably sent you off - for wearing a Pilgrims Shirt.

For HR's info. Had 2 of Bil's mates round for lunch today. For intro I did Parma Ham with Mango and Avocado, Bil sorted the Beef (Dexter) whilst I created some Yorkshire Pudding to die for, and to finish - Raspberry, Blackberry and Black Grape Tart. They arrived at 1220 and left at 1715. Phew!

Whilst Leon is maintaining Radio Silence, and not even entering into the Catering Challenge - although invited - I can personally vouch for his Lasagne - immense.

Anyway - Onwards and Upwards. Tinking of you - much love to Val and Happy Birthday Chesch!!

Blue Skies - CT

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul Val and Family.......... Firstly I hope that Val is feeling better...... I too suffer from a touch of Arthur now and again and I know it is extremely painful and unpleasant........ I wish her well.
Also sorry for not replying sooner but the computer suffered a massive hiccup that has only just been rectified. Had to resort to getting a guy round at £40+ per hour but he did the trick and now catching up on all the relevant mails etc that needed attention hence the time of writing this is in the very early hours..........
Getting excited about Saturday when the mighty Gooners take on Man utd which should provide a thrilling entertaining afternoon. No doubt old green fingers will be glued to his moustache, sorry seat, to see the outcome too. I could do with some of his chutney also as I have no andrews liver salts left.........
That Rambo bloke, (orange blog), sounds like a right laugh and hopefully will get to meet him one day.
Still no news from Donaldson, or the others for that matter for a while now. Still time will tell.
Right will sign off now and once again my best to Val and hope to blog you again soon. best Leon.