Thursday 14 February 2008

Val another update

In to see Val this evening, she has been improving steadily over the last week, she is released (discharged) whatever the term is you get the meaning, on Monday. She says she feels tons better and she has even got her sense of humour back. Didn't help the cause yesterday when she came in from the newly created garden (first day open yesterday) to find there is a lip on the door. Head over you know what. Grazes to knees and elbow. Apparently a few tears then a bit of a laugh. So that is a good sign in itself.

On Saturday, providing all OK, she is coming out with me for a couple of hours and a bit to eat. Thanks for all the thoughts all of you, it really helps to know people care.

Right then, it is foreign correspondents time. As usual printed in order of receipt. Blue Skies go.

"Suffolk Sojourn 35/137. So glad Val is on the mend, comfortable, painfree and no doubt back on form in order to nag you about Holly's exercise, the washing up and general housekeeping - as she languishes in anticipation of the next round of Hospital Food. Our best wishes to her.
So - As I suffer the humilation of Utd losing to City this afternoon, I have to congratulate the Pilgrims on their wreaking havoc on ex-manager at Leicester yesterday and returning with 3 well earned points.
Tractor Boys lost their first match at home this season to Watford - but still remain 2 points above your 'mighty greens'. Is that a coincidence that Sunset Zoe's mum has a Season Ticket at Home Park or what!!!!
Hey - It's Ches' Birthday on Tuesday (14th - ed) - don't forget! Am looking forward to the photos.
I arrived at Upwood on my first posting as a young thrusting (!!) PTI on the day she was born. We met some weeks later - you on the 5 a side pitch I suspect - and I probably sent you off - for wearing a Pilgrims Shirt.
For HR's info. Had 2 of Bil's mates round for lunch today. For intro I did Parma Ham with Mango and Avocado, Bil sorted the Beef (Dexter) whilst I created some Yorkshire Pudding to die for, and to finish - Raspberry, Blackberry and Black Grape Tart. They arrived at 1220 and left at 1715. Phew!
Whilst Leon is maintaining Radio Silence, and not even entering into the Catering Challenge - although invited - I can personally vouch for his Lasagne - immense.
Anyway - Onwards and Upwards. Tinking of you - much love to Val and Happy Birthday Chesch!!Blue Skies - CT"

His memory is playing tricks. Ches was born Feb 1970, before I joined up, Emmy was born Nov 1971 but I thought the shiny young PTI was in place by then. I just remember a lot of good times my old buddy. Details escape me nowadays!! I do remember ELP, Wishbone and Jack Bruce at the Oval. Not sure if Podga was at that one!! Isn't it wonderful getting older!!!!

Argyle also picked up 3 points this week. Unfortunately the Tractor Louts managed a freak away win.

And talking about older, we have that young man Mr Leon Russell. Over to you soundman.

"Dear Paul Val and Family.......... Firstly I hope that Val is feeling better...... I too suffer from a touch of Arthur now and again and I know it is extremely painful and unpleasant........ I wish her well.
Also sorry for not replying sooner but the computer suffered a massive hiccup that has only just been rectified. Had to resort to getting a guy round at £40+ per hour but he did the trick and now catching up on all the relevant mails etc that needed attention hence the time of writing this is in the very early hours..........Getting excited about Saturday when the mighty Gooners take on Man utd which should provide a thrilling entertaining afternoon.
No doubt old green fingers will be glued to his moustache, sorry seat, to see the outcome too.
I could do with some of his chutney also as I have no andrews liver salts left.........That Rambo bloke, (orange blog), sounds like a right laugh and hopefully will get to meet him one day.
Still no news from Donaldson, or the others for that matter for a while now. Still time will tell.Right will sign off now and once again my best to Val and hope to blog you again soon. best Leon."

Told you he was getting on. Leon my friend, you are the orange one. Uncle Christopher is blue. Rambo Bob (HR) is red. Zoe visits occasionally and now my memory is showing - did we go for pink or green????

Time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suffolk Sojourn 36/137....
Hope Val's escape today (Tunnel/Glider/In garbage truck etc) went well, and you treated her to a decent scoff!!! Glad to hear all continues to improve - our love and best wishes from East to West please.

So .... On the footie front, Tractor Boys secure another 3 points, whilst the real skirmish (Gooners vs Utd) concluded as I always suspected. I texted Leon pre kick-off and offered a small wager that if Arsenal went thru' B.& I would tootle across to Enfield and create a 3 course meal plus wine for he & C. His misled and confident reply stated ' Start Saving ...' I reckon Supa 5 would have put on a better show than his Emirates loafers. Understanderbly - Nothing heard since the final whistle!!!!

Hope Ches had a goodly birthday. When did you arrive at Upwood then? Re the Oval Gig - memorable, but Jack Bruce? I'm digging into the archives for the programme - Melody Maker Poll Winners Concert in '72. Genesis I remember, Gabriel with his Squirrel mask - and Focus too. There were 6 of us I reckon - including Dave the Rave. That weekend Leon and I did Wishbone Ash 3 times! Fri nite at Cambridge Corn Exchange, Sat at the Oval, and Sun nite at Walthamstow Tech. And I took the Iranian students for Circuit Training at 0830 on the Monday - Bloody 'ell!

Anyway - gotta go - Ironing to sort. By the way - Bill Wymans' Rhythm Kings were mind blowing last week - or did I tell you already!

Blue Skies - Podga

Nothing heard from your accountant PB - is this a good sign?