Sunday 24 February 2008

The mighty green army

Al and I went to join the Mighty Green Army in their march up to 5th position in the Championship yesterday. We used the Family enclosure for the first time, I think we may be going a little more often now that Val is out of the woods (hopefully) and Ches runs two 24 hour shifts every other weekend.

A good game and all credit to Burnley, it is there for all to see why they have one of the best away records in the league. They have a useful side there.

The Greens are recovering from an awful lot of hassle and movement in and out over the last couple of months, but the lads that are in the team are playing out of their socks. An excellent performance and we are putting a nice little run together. Tractor boys ha!!!!

Just watched the team of my youth, Spurs, put one over on Chelsea. Who are the top team in London now then????

Val is doing her meditation at the moment, she is vastly improved. Even when she went down the Docs he expressed more than a little surprise. The reception staff at the surgery were a little more forthcoming in their verbal surprise. I must admit I find it difficult to believe it has only been a week since discharge.

As usual I have run out of time over the weekend. Val assures me there is a film worth watching on telly at eight (23) so we will settle down with a cup of hot chocolate and see out the weekend.

Over to the red one to start off with. No swans this time around.
"Hiya, just read the blog and seen the pics and can I just say that Val looks absolutely stunning ! I don`t know what I did to deserve my woman's love but I may have to join a religion so that I can thank somebody in authority !
Also after re-reading the musical blog I realised that it was you Paul who introduced me in Osnabrück ,to Emerson Lake and Palmer, those ones that did "sonic attack" and so on. I expect there were lots of other things too.
Sadly I never sussed the football bit although I always think of you when I hear about "Bayern München" or one of the others. I suppose I should look at Dynamo Kiev now !!
Must dash ,oh and I had bolied eggs and toast for tea Podga ! All the best to all."

Sonic attack was Hawkwind I believe and VFL Borusia (never could spell that right) Monchengladbach are my german team, unfortunately they have fallen out of grace since I was a regular. I did go to see Bayern play Osnabruck when I was in HR's company first time around. I think it was their first match after winning the European cup - this football talk, still with us HR?

Blue Skies - boiled eggs as competition how will you keep up!!
"Suffolk Sojourn 37/137.
Excellent! Val's back at 122 - and judging by the photo's - is looking really good on hospital food (and maybe my 'Red Cross Parcel')! Good news and backed up with an inspired banner created by Alice - Nice one for Gran'Ma Kiddo!
You'll soon have her back up the ladder to finish the project eh Paulie!! Sorry Val couldn't get thru' when she rang. I'm still steam driven with an antiquated laptop and not on Broadband. Consequently, when I check for emails, my Northern Rock share prices and then your blog (plus see what Bear is up to) - on Dial up 'Tesco Pay as you go' at 1p a minute between 1815 and 1900 - no one else can get thru' to us. Frustrating for In/Out Laws, Val and any other hangers-on inviting themselves over for a gastronomic weekend tour of Suffolk!
Anyway - Pilgrims take 3 points at Southampton - thus back up to 2 points behind Tractor Boys again. The weekend looms again.
No comms from Leon, excuses are not even in the air. Maybe it was the tea Paulie.Yo HR - read the blog! It was a 21crew Bil and I were supporting in the DW. I was their PJI at Chelsea from 94 to 96. 22 (the true hooligans) were always too busy to commit themselves to train and compete!
Finally - good research on the Oval in 72 Paulie. The other member of our party of wine swilling reprobates was of course -Spike.
Glad Val remembered exactly when I stumbled into your lives, (unforgettable eh!)- Thanks, and God Bless Emmy - his laugh is still vivid in my mind at your leaving party as he saw my broken teeth (+ wine bottle, straw etc).
Blue Skies and lodsalove to you all, now the house is busy again.Pogda"

I will not say anything about positions in the Championship as it may be considered salt and wound time!!

Thought you might like to hear about Operation Hall as Podga brought up the subject. Plasterer starts tomorrow so a couple of weeks should see us prep'd for paint job.

Time to go. Just again thanks for all the well wishes and cards Val got. (soppy bit now) It really did her a power of good knowing so many cared, she was beginning to shut herself away and that was part of the problem. So thanks again one and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suffolk Sojourn 38/137.

Onwards and Upwards - Val is confounding the Medics and all who surround her - brilliant and comforting news - that's my gal - I knew it would be a minor glitch. We were all with you - and now all is back to normal'ish, roll on the spring sunshine.

The footie looks interesting, with Pilgrims 1 point above Tractor Boys, and excellent that you took Alice from the Palace to the Burnley game. You 2 obviously made the difference - and a resounding result. Ipswich were unlucky at Stoke, but I'll say no more. The plot thickens as the Play-Offs beckon closer and closer.

Utd, of course charge on. Leon's Gooners slipped up, but understandable after Edourdo's frightful injury. Are you still out there Leon?

The last two weeks here at Chez Podga have been a nightmare - with the electrics tripping off intermittently - only whilst the heating was on. Initial investigations eventually found a 3inch screw thru' part of the kitchen boiler wiring - but insulated by the rawplug. (The house is only 4 years old). The builders rep eventually arrived to inspect and with a shamed face admit liability (and pay gas/electric engineer charges). Finally sorted as the Rugby was on (Sat aft) - or so we thought. That evening it went again - No Power. Electrician back at 2000 - now sourced to airing cupboard - water valve leakage onto electrics. Plumber in at 0900 Sunday to fit new valve, and electrician at 1900 to wire up. Finally sorted last nite. Phew! Luckily it got milder over here as we were well out of our comfort zone and had to cancel the weekend guest from London.

(That's enough hardship for now - Ed).

Blue Skies! Podga

PS Be adventurous HR - Try Eggs Benedict.