Tuesday 26 June 2007

Happy Birthday to Val

Just a note to wish my better half a Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Couldn't post anything on the big day as we were rather busy. I took a day off work, with thanks to Her Majesty (Queens Birthday), and Val and I had a very nice and rather wet day.

Photo above was taken over the weekend with Val having completed the next bit of the stripping. It is working out four hours on four days off to get over it!!!!! Still, she is plodding on with a great deal of determination. She says she enjoys it, mystifies me!

Anyway Happy Birthday for yesterday my love. I will not sing Happy Birthday, I will leave that to one of my siblings - yes you know who you are!!!!

Blue skies is now back on line and into commenting again. Using another strange name, check out the comment for the last post to see what I mean!! Over to CT

"Yo! I'm back ... contribution 8 of 237. Apologies for you not recieving the photos yet - they will arrive - promise. Leon (Mick Russell aka Golly to all else) contacted me to say he'd found Derek Bottomley - in Brisbane. Remember him? Apologies for absence, as explained earlier. However, nothing compared to your bad vibes scenarios ref Washing Machines, Cameras and Wallpaper. Hang in there folks. In haste, but as always - Blue Skies. Back later - CT x "

All the old names are coming out again, yes I seem to remember Derek. I seem to remember that Spike has also moved down under. Must have an RAF Upwood reunion at their place!!

Sorry to those of you who have no idea of what we are talking about! 1971-72 Royal Air Force Station Upwood - good times, hazy memories!!!!!

No comments: