Sunday 14 September 2008

It's Sunday again!

OK then, where has the weekend gone. I am getting fed up with whoever is in charge up there. I reckon one weekend day is worth about two thirds of a working day.

I know Steven H is a Brit and is pretty smart re time and dimensions and things - but why use us in this cosmic experiment.

I just want a weekend day to be equal in time to a workday. Not a lot to ask from the Universe. Is it?

Yesterday, another example of the Universe getting on my back. I used to be a season ticket holder watching the mighty Greens. Then this chap, Dan the man, came in and bought the Club. To him season ticket holders were the worst in the world. I stuck with the team through all the down times - there were many.

One day I thought, what the hell - I am not enjoying this so I stopped going. From that point on Argyle went from strength to strength. They improved on their position year on year. Last year we finished 10th in the Championship.

Alice, my Granddaughter, has now become interested in football. We have been to a few games over the last couple of years and she has gone on and on about a season ticket. I finally gave in and we now have tickets for the Family enclosure.

Since we purchased our tickets, Argyle have failed to win a match. Do you think I ought to contact Luggy and point this out to him. Maybe they will pay me not to go? Yesterday was pretty low. We lost 2-1 against Norwich. It could have been 5-1 as they hit the crossbar three times and had a goal disallowed.

Luggy is a good manager but why did we play two wingers with no height in the middle? Fallon, tall and good in the air (when he is on his game) was on the bench. Our midfield decided not to turn up and out Central defenders caught the disease. They are normally reliable, but yesterday - all over the shop.

Watford on Tuesday night. Just hope our players introduce themselves to each other on the way up as yesterday they seemed complete strangers.

Ah well. HR has dropped us an e-mail so it is time to get off football. Wonder what he will talk about?

"Hi Dude,it is good to see the blog up and running again.Hope the ipod is going OK?

I promise I will write about something other than guns next time.

Got a visitor coming over soon and that will give me something to report.

On a different note (dinnnngggg....) I had a surprise last week ....when I ended up on local radio ! Graham Seaman (?) was presenting on BBC Wiltshire Sound and was commenting on squiffy images on his binos. He asked anyone who could explain it to call in ; so when I got to work I did and they put me on the air !

After a short chat about collimation we finished and all seemed fine. Then yesterday a lady called Melanie (who answers the phone when you call in) called me back and said that the producer had said that I come over well on air and to feel free to call in again if I wished !! What a lovely compliment ?

We had a brief chat because she asked me about my background and all in all I felt it went well. I think Melanie goes on air too cos they have somebody they call "Mel".

Back here at home all plods on as normal though I must confess to having destroyed Devizes` one and only Rain Forest yesterday. ...................I cut the grass on the back garden ("lawn" would be too kind a description).

I decided it needed doing when last weekend a Puma flew in and dropped off some Gurkhas on Jungle-Warfare Training! ( Note: a Puma is a "Non-Chipmunk").

I had better trot ; I am polishing some cartridges in a vibrating thing (full of corn-husks) ready to reload tomorrow. Take care and be good."

So we have a budding superstar reporting for us from sunny Wiltshire. Tune in guys and listen to the pearls of wisdom!

And I know what a Puma is. A big cat thing, didn't realise they flew though. Must be bloody dangerous in the jungle with those things crapping from a great height!

Talking about pearls of wisdom - time for a cuppa!!

Look after yourselves out there eh.

No comments: